BATES® Dried Parts Stabilizer (DPS) controls post-production shrinkage, swelling and warping for kiln-dried wood parts. By applying this water based end coating, wood is stabilized during storage and shipment.
DPS is a wax-free, semi-permeable coating that uses high performance nanopolymers to penetrate the wood while still protecting on the surface.
GREAT FOR USE ON
- Solid wood edge-glued panels
- Table tops, drawer fronts and panels
- Cabinet and furniture production
- Stair treads
- Architectural molding and millwork
- Window and door manufacturing
- Wood turnings
- Rough dimension stock
- Milled wood parts
- Reduces end splits and glue joint failure
- Controls moisture gain and loss
- Water based
- Ultra-low VOC; low odor
- Quick drying
- No solvents or silicone
- Available in more than 35 colors
- Available in summer and winter formulas
- All areas to be coated should be clear of dirt and debris
- Apply a thin event coat of BATES DPS using a brush, roller or sprayer. High volume/low pressure (HVLP) or airless sprayers are recommended.
- Do not over-apply or allow coating to pool on surfaces.
- Allow BATES DPS to dry thoroughly.
Cleanup & Storage
- Application equipment can be cleaned using hot soapy water. Solvent cleaners are not recommended.
- Securely cover container of BATES DPS to prevent evaporation and deterioration. Stirring may be necessary after long periods of storage.
- Store BATES DPS at temperatures between 50°F/10°C and 95°F/35°C. If BATES DPS freezes, store at room temperature until thawed and stir contents thoroughly before using. DO NOT heat the container of BATES DPS.