BATES® Glue Release
BATES® Glue Release is a temporary protective coating that prevents glue from adhering to machinery and other surfaces, leading to less labor and equipment down-time for cleaning. BATES Glue Release is applied to machinery in cold gluing operations.
GREAT FOR USE ON
- Applicator wheels and rolls
- Clamps and clamp carriers
- Cold gluing equipment
- Cold water based glue pots
- Glue pans
- Planer tables
- Radio frequency glue systems
- Saw tables
- Set-up tables
- Slat conveyors
- Spray booths
- Temporary barrier coating for cold gluing applications (up to 100°F/37.8°C)
- Prevents glues, adhesives and resins from adhering to machinery
- Allows dried glue mess to be easily scraped off
- Reduces machinery down-time for cleaning
- Regular application prevents need for harsh cleaning methods
- Can be used in areas with moving parts or tight tolerances
- Surfaces must be clean and free of contamination. BATES is not a glue remover and will only work when applied to clean equipment.
- Any glue equipment surface, or equipment exposed to glue drippings, can be protected by BATES.
- In all applications BATES cures to an oily film and DOES NOT DRY. It is VERY slippery. DO NOT use on floors or walkways.
- Gluing Equipment
- Apply BATES using a cloth, brush, sponge or spray bottle. Spread BATES to create a thin uniform film on the surface.
- Allow BATES to “set” for at least an hour before operation begins; overnight is best.
- BATES can be used in cold gluing applications up to 100°F/37.8°C.
- Spray Booths
- Apply a heavy, uniform film of BATES using a brush, roller or sprayer to all booth surfaces.
- Allow BATES to “set” for at least four hours before operation begins; overnight is best.
Removal & Reapplication
- Accumulated glue can be easily scraped off equipment using a putty knife or scraper. Use a wide blade scraper to remove overspray and paint residue in spray booths.
- In high volume operations, BATES should be reapplied once per day or at the end of each shift.
- In low volume operations, BATES should be reapplied once per week.
- In spray booth operations, BATES must be reapplied every time the booth is scraped clean.
- Cleaning solvents are not needed for the removal of accumulated glue if proper application and removal procedures are followed.
Cleanup & Storage
- Application equipment can be cleaned using warm soapy water.
- Securely cover container of BATES to prevent evaporation and deterioration. Stirring may be necessary after long periods of storage.
- Store BATES in a climate controlled area to prevent freezing. It should be stored at temperatures between 50°F/10°C and 90°F/32.2°C. If BATES freezes, store at room temperature until thawed and stir contents thoroughly before using. DO NOT heat the container of BATES.