BATES® HTR-4 is a water-based resin emulsion that dries to a semi-firm, heat-resistant coating that can be used to repel glue in hot gluing applications up to 350°F/176.7°C. It provides temporary, effective protection from unwanted build-up of highly active compounds such as adhesives, resins, and fiberglass.
GREAT FOR USE ON
- Applicator wheels & rolls
- Clamps & clamp carriers
- Hot gluing equipment
- Glue pans
- Heat press platens
- Planer tables
- Radio frequency glue systems
- Saw tables
- Set-up tables
- Slat conveyors
- Prevents glues, adhesives and resins from adhering to machinery
- Formulated to work with high temperature and high performance adhesives
- Dries to a thick, wax-like film
- Allows for dried glue mess to be easily scraped off
- Reduces machinery down-time for cleaning
- Regular application prevents need for harsh cleaning methods
- No solvents
- Surfaces must be clean and free of contamination. BATES® HTR-4 is not a glue remover and will only work when applied to clean equipment.
- Before initial application, clean equipment to remove any oily residue that would prevent HTR-4 from adhering to the surface.
- Any glue equipment surface, or equipment exposed to glue drippings, can be protected by HTR-4.
- High Frequency Gluers and Hot Presses
- Apply HTR-4 using a cloth, brush, sponge or spray bottle. Spread HTR-4 to create a thin uniform film on the surface. Wipe or brush out any puddles.
- HTR-4 can be applied to hot surfaces. Apply below 200°F/93.3°C for best film formation.
- Allow HTR-4 to dry completely before operation begins; overnight is best.
- HTR-4 can be used in hot gluing applications up to 350°F/176.7°C
Removal and Reapplication
- Accumulated compounds can be easily scraped off equipment using a straight-edged scraping tool.
- In high volume operations, HTR-4 should be reapplied once per day or at the end of each shift.
- In low volume operations, HTR-4 should be reapplied once per week.
- Cleaning solvents are not needed for the removal of accumulated glue if proper application and removal procedures are followed.
Cleanup & Storage
- Application equipment can be cleaned using hot soapy water.
- Securely cover container of HTR-4 to prevent evaporation and deterioration. Stirring may be necessary after long periods of storage.
- Store HTR-4 in a climate controlled area to prevent freezing. It should be stored at temperatures between 50°F/10°C and 90°F/32.2°C. If HTR-4 freezes, store at room temperature until thawed and stir contents thoroughly before using. DO NOT heat the container of BATES.