FlitchSavers® are durable plastic stitches used to control existing splits in valuable logs and flitches, preventing them from growing and resulting in less waste.
FlitchSavers are 2.5” (6 cm) in length and can be installed hands-free using our proprietary hammer.
GREAT FOR USE ON
- Hardwood logs
- Veneer logs
- Softwood logs
- Log exports
- Flitch exports
- Durable thermoplastic material
- Do not need to be removed prior to cutting
- Will not damage saw blades or veneer knives
- Can be safely installed hands-free
- Eliminate black staining
- Control existing growth splits in valuable logs, slabs and flitches
- Place FlitchSaver on head of FlitchSaver hammer so that the pins on the flat side of the plastic stitch fit into the groove on the hammer.
- Rotate FlitchSaver so that it will be inserted perpendicular to the stress crack or growth split in the log.
- Swing the hammer in a smooth motion so that the head of the hammer connects with the end of the log.
- Pull the hammer away from the end of the log.
- If the FlitchSaver is not completely embedded in the log, use the back side of the FlitchSaver hammer head to tap the FlitchSaver until it is flush with the end of the log.