LogSavers® are durable plastic stitches used to control existing growth splits in valuable hardwood and softwood logs, preventing the split from getting larger, which results in higher yields with less waste.
LogSavers are 4” (10 cm) in length and can be installed hands-free using our proprietary hammer.
GREAT FOR USE ON
- Hardwood logs
- Veneer logs
- Softwood logs
- Log exports
- Durable, high quality thermoplastic material
- Do not need to be removed prior to cutting
- Will not damage saw blades or veneer knives
- Can be safely installed hands-free
- Eliminate black staining
- Control existing growth splits in valuable logs
- Place LogSaver on head of LogSaver hammer so that the pins on the flat side of the plastic stitch fit into the groove on the hammer.
- Rotate LogSaver so that it will be inserted perpendicular to the stress crack or growth split in the log.
- Swing the hammer in a smooth motion so that the head of the hammer connects with the end of the log.
- Pull the hammer away from the end of the log.
- If the LogSaver is not completely embedded in the log, use the back side of the LogSaver hammer head to tap the LogSaver until it is flush with the end of the log.