ANCHORSEAL® 2 is a hybrid of plant-based polymers and wax that protects the ends of green logs and lumber from checking and splitting. It is a high-performance, economical choice for customers.
ANCHORSEAL 2 is best-in-class for the protection of exotic hardwood decking. When carefully applied to the freshly cut ends of tropical hardwoods, such as ipe, Brazilian walnut, mahogany and tigerwood, ANCHORSEAL 2 prevents up to 90% of end checking, protecting your investment and extending the life of the deck.
GREAT FOR USE ON
- Hardwood logs and lumber
- Tropical hardwood lumber
- Exotic hardwood decking
- Ipe decking
- Woodturning blanks
- Log "cookies"
- Live-edge wood slabs
- Prevents up to 90% of drying splits
- Prevents end checking in deck boards
- Improves yield with less waste
- Water based
- No solvents
- Available in summer and winter formulas
- Soap and water cleanup
- All areas to be coated should be clear of dirt and debris
- Apply ANCHORSEAL 2 using a brush, roller or sprayer until it begins to drip slightly
- For optimal coverage, use a gas engine, electric, air operated or backpack sprayer from U·C Coatings
- If using spray equipment other than those sold by U·C Coatings, use 0.21”/0.55 mm tip or larger
- Logs larger than 24”/60 cm in diameter will require a heavier coating, or two coats must be applied within a 15 minute period
- If applying to the cut ends of deck boards: apply ANCHORSEAL 2 carefully with a thin brush or sponge applicator. To avoid potential staining, do not allow ANCHORSEAL 2 to get on the face of the boards.
Cleanup & Storage
- Clean application equipment using hot soapy water
- Store unused ANCHORSEAL 2 above 50°F/10°C to prevent freezing. Winterized formulas will protect against freeze damage